Episode 117 – Creating a destination location
Dec 10, 2017
Listen to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, YouTube, Google Play Music, iHeart Radio, or with the player above.
Join Kristin and I as we go deeper into the future trend of small biz retail. The destination location.
Why are destination locations become so appealing?
- Are you a destination or location?
- Destinations rely on people to make a conscious decision to stop at your business
- Locations rely on high traffic areas to bring in customers
- Creates a larger potential audience
- Become a place people must see if near your area
- Not just for craft stores
- Jordan’s Furniture
- IMAX theaters, rope courses, Christmas village, Ice skating rink
- Kids play area, restaurant, interesting products
- Classes, one of the largest yarn stores in the U.S., knowledgeable staff
- King Arthur Flour
- Classes, knowledgeable staff, large selection of baking supplies that are hard to find else ware (except on their website)
- Loveless Café
- Good food, shopping, national brand, one of those places that everyone talks about
How to become a destination location
- Think of your business as a national brand
- Enable people to experience your products
- Hold-in store classes and services
- Consider multiday classes for those who come in from out of town
- Build a store where people can hang out
- Create a fun atmosphere
FREE DOWNLOAD: The system to guide your leads to sales
(The 1st question has saved us hundreds of hours of wasted time)
We all have wasted time trying to sell to people before they are ready. So we came up with this simple system to guide our leads to sales and have included 21 questions you need to answer to make sure they are ready to make the sale.