Episode 117 – Creating a destination location
Dec 10, 2017
Listen to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, YouTube, Google Play Music, iHeart Radio, or with the player above.
Join Kristin and I as we go deeper into the future trend of small biz retail. The destination location.
Why are destination locations become so appealing?
- Are you a destination or location?
- Destinations rely on people to make a conscious decision to stop at your business
- Locations rely on high traffic areas to bring in customers
- Creates a larger potential audience
- Become a place people must see if near your area
- Not just for craft stores
- Jordan’s Furniture
- IMAX theaters, rope courses, Christmas village, Ice skating rink
- Kids play area, restaurant, interesting products
- Classes, one of the largest yarn stores in the U.S., knowledgeable staff
- King Arthur Flour
- Classes, knowledgeable staff, large selection of baking supplies that are hard to find else ware (except on their website)
- Loveless Café
- Good food, shopping, national brand, one of those places that everyone talks about
How to become a destination location
- Think of your business as a national brand
- Enable people to experience your products
- Hold-in store classes and services
- Consider multiday classes for those who come in from out of town
- Build a store where people can hang out
- Create a fun atmosphere
Free Printable: Small Biz Daily Focus Planner
THE ONE PAGE THAT WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU WORK EVERY DAY
"Using this planner helps me stay organized and on task, even on the most hectic days." - Kristin Ingram, CPA and CEO of Ingram Digital Media, Inc.