Episode 130 - The one thing every proposal must have
Mar 11, 2018
Kristin and I have both created many proposals in our 30 years of experience. We have seen a growing trend in proposals. Listen to today's episode as we discuss this trend and why, if you use it, this tactic it is hurting your business and different ways to change it to your advantage.
What we talk about in this episode
- Kristin's Trade show blues
- The problem tactic that needs to be fixed: Proposals without end dates
- Why is it used?
- Other times we have seen it
- Problems with the tactic
- Either risk future margins or unduly raises the price you can offer today
- A customer accepts your offer 5 years down the road
- Focuses time and energy on inquiries that might never be hot leads
- lose scarcity advantage
- Might cause
- Counterpoint: Should you use it?
- You have anchored the price in their head (Sticky prices)
- Really need evidence
- How can it be modified?
- Focus on upping your proposal game
Small Biz takeaway!
Check out Proposal Secrets, and make sure you are getting the most out of the time you spend creating great proposals.
This post contains affiliate links.
Free Printable: Small Biz Daily Focus Planner
THE ONE PAGE THAT WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU WORK EVERY DAY
"Using this planner helps me stay organized and on task, even on the most hectic days." - Kristin Ingram, CPA and CEO of Ingram Digital Media, Inc.