Episode 28 - Post-it Note Brainstorming
Mar 21, 2016
In this episode, we discuss our favorite brainstorming technique using Post-it Notes. It's low-tech, easy, and a great way to organize your next project.
Why you should brainstorm with Post-it Notes
- It's an easy, low-tech planning tool
- Great for books, courses, podcasts, blogs, webinars, or any initial brainstorming task
- It allows you to dump ideas without worrying about initial organization
What you need
- Sticky notes
- A pen or pencil
- A large surface like a wall, white board, or table
How to do Post-it Note Brainstorming
- Write one to four words of an idea on each sticky note. Each sticky note is a topic.
- Slap each note on the surface you are using.
- Don't censor yourself. Write down every idea.
- Once you run out of ideas, look at all the notes you have written and look for major themes.
- Write each major theme on a sticky note and put it on the wall.
- Remove all the topic Post-It's and organize them under the theme sticky notes.
- Transfer your organized ideas to a notebook, Word document, or spreadsheet.
If you are looking for a quick and easy brainstorming technique, give this a try. It has been incredibly helpful for us. If you have used this technique, how has it worked for you? Leave a comment on this post!
Listen to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, YouTube, Google Play Music, iHeart Radio, or with the player below
FREE DOWNLOAD: The system to guide your leads to sales
(The 1st question has saved us hundreds of hours of wasted time)
We all have wasted time trying to sell to people before they are ready. So we came up with this simple system to guide our leads to sales and have included 21 questions you need to answer to make sure they are ready to make the sale.