Episode 29 - 9 tips for increasing your confidence
Mar 28, 2016
In this episode, we discuss 9 ways to increase your confidence and why it is so important in every small business.
Why is confidence important?
- As a small business owner, you are the face of your business. If you do not display confidence, it will hurt your business.
- Confidence builds trust. It allows you to create relationships with potential customers more quickly and allows you to effectively lead team members.
- Confidence brings intention in a way that helps you act. Intentional does not mean taking a lot of time to make decisions. Intention means acting purposefully in a timely manner to make progress. Many people use intentional action to second guess themselves and to not act. Being confident means moving forward with intention.
Two main factors that lead to low confidence levels
- The business owner does not have faith in their own level of knowledge.
- People are not comfortable with themselves, whether it is their appearance, their voice, or aspects of their abilities.
If you are having trouble with confidence, you need to identify the root problem. Try using the "why" technique we discussed in goal setting to get to the bottom of your particular issue. You may need to seek out professional help if the issue leads to areas of paralysis in your business.
9 tips for increasing your confidence
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Always make eye contact.
- Practice self-care to become more comfortable with yourself and show yourself that you are worthy of that time and care.
- Understand the learning power of failure.
- Understand that perfection is not possible.
- Find role models with behaviors you want to exhibit.
- Create simple and trackable goals to crush them as you are trying to build your confidence.
- Celebrate all of your wins. Need help with this? Join our Facebook group for Winning Wednesday.
- Be the you you want to be.
When all else fails, put your shoulders back, hold your head up high, and walk like you are trying to find the bathroom. Because nothing says purpose like heading to the bathroom!
Listen to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, YouTube, Google Play Music, iHeart Radio, or with the player below
FREE DOWNLOAD: The system to guide your leads to sales
(The 1st question has saved us hundreds of hours of wasted time)
We all have wasted time trying to sell to people before they are ready. So we came up with this simple system to guide our leads to sales and have included 21 questions you need to answer to make sure they are ready to make the sale.