Episode 39 - 7 simple steps to wow your customers
Jun 06, 2016
In this episode, we discuss 7 simple ways to wow your customers. So often we get so focused on the next big thing that will move our business forward, that we forget the small things. These are 7 business fundamentals that you can begin improving upon today. We give suggestions for many types of businesses to improve your communications with clients.
7 simple steps to wow your customers
- Answer the phone - In our fast-paced business environment, customers will call multiple businesses in an attempt to get the services they need. If you pick up the phone, especially during normal business hours, you will get more business.
- Respond in a timely manner - Getting back to clients in a timely manner makes them feel appreciated. What is considered timely differs for each industry.
- Show up on time - If you think you are going to be late, call the client, even if you think you are only going to be five minutes late. You also don't want to be really early. Many times, if I believe I can meet earlier, I will call the client to see if we can meet earlier. If not, I will use the downtime to catch up on emails, or book some social media.
- Under-promise and over-deliver - Make sure that your estimated costs and delivery times are reasonable. Give yourself some room. If you come in under-budget and before the deadline, you will look like a superstar. If you have a lot of work in the office, it is better to book the intake appointment later and get the work back to the client quickly, rather than to book the intake appointment now and hold onto the client's work for weeks.
- Follow up - Make sure to follow up with clients to ensure they are happy with the service, and that their needs are met. Many customers will not call you to complain about the job, but they will tell others they are unhappy. This also gives you the opportunity to up-sell the customer, or to ask for testimonials and referrals.
- Reach out when appropriate - Knowing your customer and their needs will allow you to reach out about future projects. Listening to your clients, and asking the right questions, will enable you to collect information that will allow you to identify when will be best to reach out in the future. Make sure you also know when the client's busy season is, so that you do not contact them during that time, and possibly lose a customer for life.
- Keep your clients updated - When there are changes in your field, make sure to keep your clients updated. You can use email (but don't add clients to your newsletter list without their permission), mailings, or phone calls. You can share individual articles you find with clients as long as you do is sparingly.
Remember that you can't please everyone all the time. Make sure the job is done correctly, and focus your time on the raving fan customers who will help you grow your business. If you know someone who could benefit from this episode, please share it with them. This community grows when you share it with others. We are so grateful for all you have done to help us grow the podcast and the Facebook community.
Listen to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, YouTube, Google Play Music, iHeart Radio, or with the player below
FREE DOWNLOAD: The system to guide your leads to sales
(The 1st question has saved us hundreds of hours of wasted time)
We all have wasted time trying to sell to people before they are ready. So we came up with this simple system to guide our leads to sales and have included 21 questions you need to answer to make sure they are ready to make the sale.