Episode 40 - 2 mistakes that can destroy your business
Jun 13, 2016
We have seen so many businesses fail because they are not focusing on the two most important aspects of their business: building an audience and providing products and/or services.
Even if you have the most amazing products and services in the world, if you have no audience then you will have no sales. Building an audience is a critical step for success. Here are some tips for building an audience.
- Don't just drop content into social media. You need to interact with others.
- Share valuable content written by others with your audience.
- Check out Hashtagify.me for hashtags that people are using on social media to help you connect with others.
- Ask your audience to engage with you in your email newsletter. A simple question at the end of your email asking people to reply and respond can really help you connect with others.
- Respond to emails you receive from your audience.
- Use targeted online ads based on your avatar's demographics and interests that are relevant to your business.
- Schedule social media to avoid spending all day on Facebook or Twitter.
Episode 27 - Why you need an email list
Episode 4 - Who is your ideal customer?
Episode 12 - Are you speaking your customers' language?
Episode 19 - Facebook profiles, pages and groups, oh my!
Episode 31 - Networking
Selling your products and services
So you have a huge audience of raving fans, but do you have products and services to sell them? Can someone come to your website and easily figure out what you do? Are you making it easy for customers to purchase from you, or book an appointment with you?
- Ask people to review your website to see if they can figure out what you do. Strangers are much better for this exercise than people who know you well.
- Check out the Sumome plugin for wordpress which allows exit-intent pop ups and heat mapping.
- Make sure your products and services are well defined.
- Make sure that potential customers know if you are local, national, or international.
- Don't create a ton of products before you turn your attention to audience building.
Check out our Facebook group for more information on this topic and lots of others!
Listen to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, YouTube, Google Play Music, iHeart Radio, or with the player below
FREE DOWNLOAD: The system to guide your leads to sales
(The 1st question has saved us hundreds of hours of wasted time)
We all have wasted time trying to sell to people before they are ready. So we came up with this simple system to guide our leads to sales and have included 21 questions you need to answer to make sure they are ready to make the sale.