Episode 119 - How to improve your customer communication
Dec 24, 2017
The key to sales is effectively communicating your message. In this episode, Kristin and Jeff discuss tips for improving your communication online and in-person.
Tips for improving general communication
- When speaking to a crowd (social media, email, sales pages, speaking engagements, video, etc.), always speak to your avatar.
- Target your messaging for the platform. Your message will be slightly different depending on the medium you are using, whether it is Facebook, email, in-person, or a sales page. Know the best practices for each platform.
- Speak their language, not yours. Do research on the terms your customers use when discussing your products and services. Avoid industry jargon.
- Use analogies to convey complex concepts.
- Always use low noise environments and avoid interruptions on live video, webinars, and phone calls.
- Always phrase questions to generate a positive response. Getting a customer in the habit of saying yes increases the chance of getting a yes when selling.
- Check the readability of all of your content in SEO Yoast or Flesch Reading Ease. Typical web content is written at an 8th-grade reading level.
Tips for customer service calls
- Focus on first impressions.
- Listen, think, then respond. Keep a level head.
- Prioritize calls
- Avoid the hold button.
- Have voicemail intro that explains the importance of customer service.
- Call back in a timely manner.
- Use the golden rule.
Episode 4 - Who is your ideal customer?
Episode 113 - Why you need an avatar
Episode 12 - Are you speaking your customer's language?
Episode 97 - How to deal with unhappy customers
SEO Yoast Wordpress plugin
Flesch Reading Ease Tool
Images for Episode 119
FREE DOWNLOAD: The system to guide your leads to sales
(The 1st question has saved us hundreds of hours of wasted time)
We all have wasted time trying to sell to people before they are ready. So we came up with this simple system to guide our leads to sales and have included 21 questions you need to answer to make sure they are ready to make the sale.